Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 3 - Rethinking Gift Giving

~A Practically Perfect Christmas~

This is something I’ll be adding from time to time. I am a practical person (but far from perfect)… I don’t mind getting things like boots or scarves or mittens for Christmas. I love it that my mother in-law gives me wooden spoons and measuring cups EVERY year! I get irritated when I am given things that aren’t useful or meaningful…

So I’m adding in practical notes for things to help you and others this Advent season. Things like recipes, ideas, and tips.

Here is the first, and probably the greatest advice I can give you…




Consider giving gifts that GREATLY IMPROVE the lives of PEOPLE!

Did you know that Americans spend $450 billion dollars a year on Christmas?
That seems absolutely silly to me.

It is estimated that to educate, feed, and get clean water to all the children in the world it would only take $46 billion. Which leaves $404 billion left over to spend on Christmas just in the US.

I wonder how many of those $450 billion gifts were taken back or “re-gifted” or just tossed in the trash a few months later? Save everyone the time and trouble and give a gift that will save or improve someone’s life.

GO HERE or somewhere else…
but let’s all rethink how we give and why we give it!



“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”
1 John 3:16

No comments: